Shabby Template

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Puppy Birthday Party

Cassi is 7, oh my gosh. I cannot believe my little girl is growing up. We planned this birthday for 2 weeks, and it was great to be able to come up with so many "puppy" foods to serve.  We decided to have the party at the local ice skating rink, as if winter wasn't long enough, LOL! It was a great turnout, and we had a lot of fun. 

Condiments served in Dog Bowls; salsa for chips, ketchup for "dogs" in a blanket, and marinara for the "rawhide bones".
"Rawhide Bones", bread sticks served with marinara sauce.
Toasted tortillas cut to look like bones, "dogs" in a blanket.
We served mini hot "dogs" in a blanket, rawhide bones (bread sticks), puppy chow, bone tortillas I toasted to dip in hummus (my daughter's new favorite food), and a couple of other regular party foods.  We served the condiments in dog and kitty food bowls. I also made a dog cake, but it turned out to look a little like a teddy bear, but it tasted great anyway. Happy Birthday Cassi!!

I know, it looks more like a teddy bear than a Dog, but it tasted great!I should have changed the ears.

I used Kix Cereal to look more like dog food
Puppy Chow Recipe

Ingredients:
9 cups Kix cereal
1/2 C peanut butter
1/4 C butter
1 C chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C powdered sugar

Instructions:
Combine the peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute. Take out of microwave and stir until all the ingredients are melted. If needed, microwave for 20 seconds more. Once melted, add vanilla and stir again until well blended.
Place the 9 cups of Kix cereal in a very large bowl.  Pour the melted mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
To coat with powdered sugar, I used two large ziplock bags. Placing ½ of the powdered sugar in each bag, I distributed ½ of the coated cereal in each bag. Once I made sure the bags were sealed, especially since my kids were doing this, the kids shook up the “puppy chow” until the cereal was well coated.
I like to use Crispix cereal, the original recipe calls for, as well as Cheerios, my personal favorite!


Cassi loves to ice skate, and this little "walker" helps her skate like a speed demon!
As far as activities for the kids, we played Dog, Dog, Cat (just like duck, duck, goose), and Trainer Says (like Simon Says). I also had some puppy and kitty coloring pages for the kids if they got tired of skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment